The historic Armature Works building, once was a historic trolley barn, opened in 1914 as a barn for the City of Tampa’s off-hours streetcars. The building covers an area of approximately 68,000 square feet, with two stories on the eastern edge. Armature Works breathes life into the historic Tampa Heights neighborhood with its large, 43-acre, adaptive reuse project. The classic structure has been reinvented as a vibrant community hub with reimagined event spaces, progressive eateries, a co-working space and Heights Public Market.
The classic structure will be preserved to provide that vintage feel offering all the character, incredible views and angles that this monumental building entails.
LOCATION: 1910 N. Ola Avenue, Tampa, Florida 33606
Ideally located in the heart of the Tampa Bay metropolitan area, conveniently situated on the north bank of the Hillsborough River.
OPENING DATE: 2017
FEATURES: This historic 1900’s building will soon be home to dozens of market vendors, 2 event spaces, 2 restaurants, a rooftop bar, and a collaborative workspace.
- The Heights Market features an open floor plan with communal seating surrounded by restaurants featuring the top chefs and restaurateurs in the Bay Area. This industrial, market environment offers a culinary mixture of prepared food, meats and cheeses, produce, beer, wine, specialty cocktails, fresh flowers and desserts. Heights Public Market will also include a ‘Show + Tell’ workshop that hosts an array of events including cooking classes, candle making and pop-up dinners in collaboration with market tenants.
- World class restaurant with breathtaking views of the Hillsborough River, downtown Tampa & beyond.
- The Gathering, a 10,150 square foot event space, offers the perfect scenic, vintage and elegant ambiance for special events. The historical feel from the exposed brick, hardwood floors and stunning views of the Hillsborough River and Tampa Skyline make this one of a kind.
- Rooftop – a riverfront cuisine and cocktail bar located on the southwest end of the building with downtown Tampa as a scenic backdrop for a special evening or an afternoon casual lunch.
- The Collective – a collaborative hub to encourage partnerships among entrepreneurs. Members will enjoy access to shared community space, private offices, conference rooms, kitchenette, several catering providers, printers/copiers and audio-visual equipment.
IN THE NEWS
Fox 13 – Plan for Tampa Armature Works site includes market, restaurant, hotel – READ
Tampa Bay Business Journal – The potential magic of a foodie centric market hall on the Tampa Heights waterfront – READ
Tampa Bay Times – The Heights project in Tampa to open next year with apartments, market and restaurants – READ
Tampa Bay Business Journal – Ambitious mixed-use vision for Tampa Heights waterfront unveiled – READ